The Business of Books: Meet Dr. Kimberly Offutt Author of: THEY NEED YOU NOW: ONE MOTHER’S PLEA FOR THE CHURCH TO EMBRACE ADOPTION
Please tell us about yourself.
I am a wife, mother, speaker, author, mentor, and coach. I’ve spent over 20 plus years in child welfare in the areas of recruitment, foster care, and adoption.
Tell us about your book.
They Need You Now shares my personal journey as a foster and adoptive parent while focusing on the biblical mandate that we as believers have to care for the orphan. The book also shares God’s heart for adoption, the experiences of children in foster care, and how you can impact the life of one waiting child.
What are the top three takeaways you would like your readers to walk away with?
1. Foster care and Adoption is a ministry
2. We all have biblical mandate to get involved
3. There are children waiting on you to move into action
Who is your book for?
Everyone – mothers, fathers, Pastors, leaders, businessmen and women
What inspired you to write your book?
The need and the urgency behind it. There are so many children lingering in foster care and those most at risk of aging out of foster care.
Where can people find your book and support you?
What products/services do you want to offer alongside your book for promoting purposes?
1. 30 minute consulting session for anyone interested in learning more about the foster care or adoption process
2. 30 minute “effectively sharing my story” coaching session for foster care alumni and foster/adoptive parents